Education is an incredibly in-demand college subject. A typical concentration gives out 6,156 yearly undergrad degrees; 88,927 students were awarded four-year degrees in education last spring, making it the United States' 6th most popular focus. 2,853 of those degrees were conferred by Western Governors University, which proudly has the largest program in America, and 5,598 of those degrees were earned at schools in California.
Bachelor's degrees in education are available at 1,389 institutions nationwide; therefore, it will potentially not be easy to find the right program for you. There are 7.2 institutions offering undergrad degrees in education for every school offering the average degree, making it the 5th most widely offered U.S. subject.
While 35% of degrees in education last spring were undergrad degrees; 65% were grad degrees. Education is the most popular advanced degree in the US, with 163,766 degrees granted. For context, grad degrees in education are 59 times more popular among postgraduate students than the average subject.
In Total, 252,693 students received a bachelor's or higher in education last May.
61,354 of those 252,693 students (24.3%) were conferred their degrees fully online - 7,205 undergraduates and 54,149 master's or doctor's students. As you can presumably see, education is a hugely in-demand online undergraduate major. It's presently the 5th most popular online major with 15 times the nation's average of 481 undergrads per major. For postgrad students, it ranks #1, with 87.9 times the average number of postgrads per discipline (481).
Western Governors University conferred more online undergraduate degrees in education than any other college in the country (2,853). Last fall, 98,630 undergraduate students were enrolled in the institution online, 100% of their students. They offer 30 online subjects. That's 100% of their courses.
Furthermore, Colleges from Utah granted the most online undergrad degrees in education last spring (2,853). By itself, Utah accounts for 40% of the area of study's online students.
8.1% of all undergrad degrees in education are completed via remote programs, (33.1% for grad degrees). 17.43% of Ottawa University-Phoenix's last undergraduate class majored in education remote, higher than any other institution in the US. 21 students in their 122 student class were conferred an online four-year degree in education. They offer 33 degrees entirely online, and had 319 enrolled online undergraduate students last fall. That's 82% of the student body.
Four-year degrees in education are available completely online at 207 institutions coast-to-coast, making it the 5th most widely offered online American major. In the region of 1 in 7 colleges with the degree even have an online option, and 43% of the schools awarding the degree remotely are public. The other 57% are private. Florida heads up the nation in providing online choices, with 19 of the programs headquartered there.
If you desire to study education fully online, you may want to apply to the University of Central Florida, as it has the 14th best education program in the country. They also have an additional 46 degrees online, so you will be able to sample classes inside another major. Furthermore, 7,588 online college students study at the school, which is 13% of their student body.
- 22,457 students received an undergraduate degree in education partially online last spring
- Education is the 5th most commonly offered partially online four-year degree in the nation
- Last spring, 42,305 students received a bachelor's or higher in education partially online
- The University of the Southwest's last undergraduate class had the most dense population of partially online education majors in the United States of America (25.96%)
- 163,766 students earned partially online graduate degrees in education last May
- The average course of study is available at roughly 154 institutions partially online
- Last May, 59,162 students earned undergrad degrees in education in-person
- 127 colleges coast-to-coast have a four-year degree in education comprehensively in-person
- Last year, 148,843 people were conferred a bachelor's or higher in education in-person
- 72.74% of Martin Luther College's last undergraduate class studied education in-person, higher than any other institution in the USA
- New York is home to 10 colleges offering four-year degrees entirely in-person in education, more than any other state
- On average, each subject had around 4,293 in-person bachelor's degrees last May