Accounting is a hugely popular college focus. Each major grants about 6,200 undergrad degrees per annum; 51,697 people last year received a bachelor's degree in accounting, making it the 10th most popular discipline around the nation. CUNY Bernard M Baruch College granted 651 of those degrees (#1 in the United States of America), and colleges in Texas conferred more degrees than any American State (4,831).
It can not be easy to decide the right school, due to the fact that undergrad degrees in accounting are offered at 1,134 schools in the nation. There are 5.9 institutions offering undergrad degrees in accounting for every school offering the average degree, making it the 11th most universally available degree.
While 73% of degrees in accounting last spring were undergraduate degrees; 27% were advanced degrees. Accounting is the 9th most popular master's or doctor's degree in the country, with 19,285 degrees conferred. For context, grad degrees in accounting are 7 times more popular among master's or doctor's students than the average subject.
In Total, 70,982 students received a bachelor's or higher in accounting last May.
7,656 of those 70,982 graduates (10.8%) completed remote programs - 4,562 undergrad students and 3,094 postgrad students. As you've probably noticed by now, accounting is a very popular online undergraduate subject. It is at the moment the 9th most popular online degree with 9.5 times the nation's average of 481 undergrads per major. For master's or doctor's students, it's ranked 19th, with 5 times the average number of master's or doctor's students per subject (481).
Western Governors University conferred 603 online undergraduate degrees, more than any other college in the USA. Last fall, 98,630 undergraduates were attending the school remotely, 100% of their student body. They offer 30 completely remote subjects, which is 100% of their subjects.
Further, Arizona graduates more accounting online students than any other state (661 four-year degrees granted last year). Arizona single-handedly graduates 14% of the country's remote students.
8.8% of all four-year degrees in accounting are completed via entirely remote programs, (16% for postgraduate degrees). Colorado State University-Global Campus' last undergraduate class contained a higher percentage of online accounting majors than any other US school (12.28%). 253 students in their 2,061 student class completed an online undergraduate degree in accounting. They offer 15 degrees fully remote, and had 8,114 enrolled online undergrads last fall. That's 100% of the student body.
Undergrad degrees in accounting are offered remotely at 191 colleges in the United States, making it the 11th most universally available remote focus in America. In the region of one in six colleges supplying the degree even have an online option, and private schools awarding undergrad degrees in accounting outnumber public colleges 1.8 to 1. Pennsylvania has more exclusively remote programs than any state, with 11 colleges located there.
If you want to study accounting online, you should consider applying to Rutgers University-Newark, as it has the 37th best accounting program in the USA. They also have an additional 9 degrees totally remotely, so you will be able to try some classes from another concentration. Additionally, they have 166 remote college students, which is 2% of the undergraduate population.
- 11,952 people received undergrad degrees in accounting partially online last year
- 871 schools coast-to-coast offer a bachelor's degree in accounting partially online
- Last spring, 14,403 people completed a bachelor's or higher in accounting partially online
- 24.67% of Walsh College's last undergraduate class studied accounting partially online, higher than any other college in the country
- 11 of the schools offering partially online undergrad degrees in accounting are in the state of Utah, the most of any state
- The average subject is offered at close to 154 institutions partially online
- 35,045 people last May received an undergraduate degree in accounting completely in-person
- Accounting is the 34th most broadly offered fully in-person four-year degree in the country
- 67.79% of all undergrad degree in accounting are earned totally in-person
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College awarded more in-person undergraduate degrees in accounting than any other college in the nation (607)
- New York graduates more accounting majors in-person than any other state (4,110 four-year degrees conferred last May)
- The average in-person major grants 6,102 annual bachelor's degrees or higher